Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bagpipers, special effects, and my friend Patty, oh my!


Click on image to enlarge.

Click on image to enlarge.

Click on image to enlarge.


Last weekend (March 22nd), I photographed a fun wedding with Jill and Gary at the Kierland Resort. The bagpiper brought tears to a few eyes, including mine (bride's father had liked bagpipers, and had sent one from heaven.) It was an emotional day, but a great one!


Some people might say that special effects on the computer to images is a way to cheat-- but I say that it adds to the mood and the feeling of each image. I don't do it often, but on a few photos per wedding I do when it calls to me. Here is a before and after of such an image. I like the 'before' but love the 'after'. What do you think?


My friend Patty, a wedding photographer, was kicking up her heels at this wedding as well. It is nice (as a photographer) to go and enjoy a wedding as a guest to be free of responsibility. Her and her husband had fun, as did the rest of the guests. What a magical evening! Great to see Patty there, and my friend JoLinda Moore, also! Almost forgot, my old elementary school friend, Craig, was the d.j., and my friend, Robert Goldstein, was the videographer. It was a small world at the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,

    Your blog is looking good. I like your before and after special effect picture. How fun to see Patty at a wedding...

    Keep up the good work.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments & questions right here.