Saturday, March 15, 2008

Check out this colorful, outdoor market!


click on image to enlarge

click on image to enlarge


If you are looking for a great way to spend the first part of your Saturdays, then Vincent's Camelback Marketplace is a must! For a couple years now, my family and I have gone to Vincent's Marketplace to meet up and spend time together. My Aunt Mary Lou and Uncle Jim started this tradition for us-- thank you, you guys! It is all outdoors (during the mid autumn thru spring), and has such great atmosphere that we have a great time every time. Everyone that goes is all about relaxing and enjoying their day-- very casual. They have tables throughout the parking lot of Vincent's restaurant, and lots of open tents for shade. It is completely relaxing and before you know it, it has been hours! Champagne and The Marketplace-- I am there!

The food. I don't even know how to describe it all. Such an array of possibilities to order from: crepes custom made to order, omelets as well; whole chickens roasted to perfection, lamb racks sauteed and to die for, shrimp skewers galore; pastries of paradise; sensational salads of the leafy type or pasta; wines, champagnes, fresh squeezed o.j., and french coffees; and his latest fascination is pizza (an outdoor pizza oven at which Vincent himself attends to like a kid with a new toy.) Sound expensive? Not! For $10 you can get yourself one amazing lunch or breakfast or actually both since the portions are generous. Can you tell I love it all? Yet I do have my favorites are the Ratatouille Pizza and the lamb.

The Marketplace also has a farmer's market where you can select your own strawberries, veggies, and more. My son, Tyler, says their strawberries are the best!

There are quite a few vendors there as well. They have everything from jewelry, French tablecloths, flowers, jam, honey, French soaps, herbs, designer handbagsolives, mustards, and so much more. Much of it is imported, and it is all colorful and a photographer's heaven. The quality and the prices are great.

I am writing this as a regular patron of the Marketplace. I enjoy spending both time and money there. No matter what your budget, you can enjoy this for any or every Saturday as a way to spend time with your family and friends. I wanted to share this because everything about Vincent's inspires me as an artist and an enthusiast of life.

Vincent's website is http://www.vincentsoncamelback.com/. If you go, please tell them you saw it on Tracy's blog (I am hoping for extra free pizza toppings!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & questions right here.