Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Favorite Romantic Movies of All Time

My all time favorite romance movie would have to be 'Sweet Home Alabama'. The plot and the dialogue make my heart go 'oohh' every time I watch it. My daughter and I actually wore out the first DVD we had, and had to buy a second copy! The best line in the movie sums it up...the same line is used at the beginning of the movie and then at the end, just they change rolls of who says what. Both times though, the lines between Jake and Melanie are magical. "What would you want to be married to me for anyways?" and the response is "So I can kiss you any time I want!" It is a movie that ends the way the viewer wants it to...an ultimate happy ending.

Next would be 'Maid in Manhatten'. I can't help but love Jennifer Lopez films-- her character is always sassy and yet someone that I would want as a friend. The best love line in this one is where Marisa is trying to admit to Chris who she is and starts "The first time I saw you..." He cuts her off and says "you were mesmerizing" and kisses her right there by the fountain. Norah Jones plays "Come Away With Me" which adds the perfect touch to the scene, along with a gentle rain as they go back to his room.

Third in my top three is 'An American President'. Annette Bening and Michael Douglas have many tender moments together, yet also many conflicts which makes the chemistry even more connected. Annette's eyes twinkle in this movie, and she is a feisty yet loving character. Michael Douglas is a great father, and the President-- need I say more? Both qualities are sexy.

All three movies have great cinematography throughout. The lighting during these key love scenes puts a sparkle in the actor and actress's eyes, that makes you feel the magic that they feel. Anytime a movie hits the mood lighting correctly to put that sparkle in the eyes, I am drawn to it. I am a sucker for the twinkle lights in their eyes!

1 comment:

  1. HI Tracy,

    Great idea! I have a to say I would have to think on my fav movies of all time for a minute. My most favorite movie out on DVD now id "The Waitress" I love this movie. I watched while Brian was hunting, when he got home I had him watch with me, when my sister was in town I had her watch it with me. If you haven't seen it,its a must. I loved "Elizabethtown" with Orlando Bloom and "Ever After" with Drew Berrymore. Love your blog, keep up the good work! P.S. see you Monday...

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments & questions right here.